…Achashverus reigned from Hodu to Cush.
• (India and Ethiopia) locate India and Ethiopia in the globe
• Locate Persia
…It was recorded that Mordechai the Jew had saved the life of the king in the Royal Book of Chronicles.
• Start a journal
• Working with stamps
…Mordechai dressed in sackcloth
• feel the sackcloth, let the children wear it and experience it’s texture
…Letters were send.
• Pen pal to other schools
• Learning how to
address an envelope
• Visit a Sofer, see how the Megillah is written
• Place a piece of parchment, feather and ink on on a tray for the children to experience writing.
• Place these materials in the nature table for children to touch and examine.
Study the mitzvos of Purim
Make Puppets for a classroom puppet show
Grogers and masks
Gifts to the poor
• Build a Tzadakah box specially for Purim
• Choose an organization to donate
• Draw a lotto in the classroom so that everyone will give each other shaloch manos
• Visit and give shaloch manos at the old age home
• Practical life:”how to put together a shaloch manos bag”
• Brochos cards
• Make a seudah in school
• make Kreplach, hamantashen.