• Following the map again as we travel with Yaakov..
• Yaakov sends a messenger- Shliach
• We are all shluchim
..Aisav was coming with four hundred generals with four hundred men
• hundreds, thousands
• Yaakov hides Dina from Aisav in a box
…Yaakov prepares to meet Aisav.
• Yaakov prepares in three ways:
• Davening: the meaning of davening, personal prayers
• Prepared presents
• prepared for battle
• discuss this and role play circumstances, tell a story.
…Yaakov divides his people into two camps
• Working with clay, pottery
…Yaakov fights with the angel at night
• Guardian angel
• what is the Gid hanasheh
• At dawn the angel begs Yaakov to let him go since that morning he was singing to Hashem.
• an edict up high, what is happening in the world is happening up high.
…Hashem gives Yaakov a new name Yisroel
• The importance of our names
• Going through each child learning each child’s meaning of their name
• Naming our environment
• Everything has a name : The importance of names
• Take a picture of each child letting them paste it onto a color paper of their choice, each child can write their own name on the paper and decorated as they wish. This shows each child’s personality.
• making peace with our rivals
…Dina gets kidnaped by Shechem
…Yaakov offers korbanos in Bais Ail
• Hashem reminds Yaakov to offer the tenth of the earnings promised
• Giving Myser on time
…Rivka passes away
…Hashem promises Yaakov that his descendants will inherit Eretz Canaan
• Yaakov buries Rochel on the side of the road leading to Beis Lechem
• Rochel davens with her children in golus
…Yitzchak sees Yaakov and his family, he dies at 180 year old